Saturday, September 26, 2009

How to live in cheaper Woodlands when work is in Shenton Way and parents are in Tanah Merah?

GOT engaged a few months ago and have started looking for an HDB flat. We have gone from executive apartments to five-room flats and are now considering four-room units.

While the valuations are reasonable, the thought of having to fork out more than $40,000 in cash for a tiny four-room flat is ridiculous.

The Government has also suggested considering Sengkang, Punggol and cheaper new estates farther out in the suburbs.

But why would I buy a cheaper flat in Woodlands if I work in Shenton Way and my parents live in Tanah Merah?

Is this how better family relations are fostered? My choice was to stay closer to my parents to maintain the close bond I have with them. The Government must come up with more practical solutions.

Wilma Gaiyithri Muhundan (Ms)


Source: Straits Times, 26 Sep 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment